Friday, October 29, 2010

A Little Girl Always Needs Her Daddy!


Well as silly as it may be to everyone else, my Dad use to love getting poems from me. I have done it ever sense I was a very little girl and I know my Dad looked forward to them everytime he had a Birthday or for Fathers Day. So sense my Dad wasn't here for his Birthday I wrote him one anyway. So I wanted to post it for him!


There's so many things that I need you to know
So much to tell you before you can go

I wanted to tell you what my heart needed to say
So you see I can't accept that you're going away

I've always been able to be where you are
But now I'm not sure cause it seems like you're so far

What good is goodbye when you can't even speak it
Saying farwell, no I can't even think it
Life runs it's course and you know you can't change it
But Memories, they live on.

I'll always remember the times that you laughed
All the good times and fun that we always had

Theres not one moment I would choose to forget
You'll never quite know just how much you have meant

I hope that my life will show honor and love
As you look down and watch over me from above!

What good is goodbye when you can't even speak it
Saying farwell, no I can't even think it
Life runs it's course and you know you can't change it
But Memories, they live on.

I've never known a greater man then my dad and I know not a day will go by for as long as I live that I won't think about him! I love you and miss you with all my heart Dad! Thanks for always being so dedicated to being my Dad!

3 comments:

The Robinson's said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! You are amazing! Hang in there. You have so many people around you that love and care about you! I hope you feel the Lord's love and comfort all around you.

Photo Crazy! said...

You are so talented! I see why your dad looked forward to your poems! Sorry for your loss. I am so glad we ran into you last summer at our reunions. We will all remember your good father!

Unknown said...

Tiffany, A beautiful poem and I know Dad knows and appreciates this poem. He is as close as we need him to be and will always know of our love and appreciation for his good life and his love for each of us. i feel him with me daily and he continues to help me in my life, just in a different way. I thank Heavenly Father daily for blessing myself and each of the children and grandchildren with the time we had with Dad. Now, we must go on and live our lives the way Dad would want us to and that is making everyday special and enjoying all the beauty of this earth and continue to make memories as a family. He will always be near.

Love you and your sweet family, Mom