Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Poem

Okay so I know that it is June and Valentine's was a while ago, but I was going through my junk drawer and came across this poem that I wrote for Jesse on Valentine's Day...but let me explain myself before you read it and think that I am such a mean wife! I was mad at Jesse about something on Valentine's Day and it had nothing to do with Valentine's Day or anything and I could never even tell you what it was about cause I have no idea now so it obviously wasn't anything important, well needless to say it must have sparked my creativity side cause I wrote one of the best poems I have ever written, even though it is kind of mean and I really didn't mean any of it...but I must have been VERY mad! So here it is

WHAT LOVE

I won't lace it up with X's and O's
Cause we both know that is not how it goes

For what does it mean to love with full heart
Does it mean "Love Forever" and "Never shall part"

Is it hearts laced together
So now they are one

Does it mean through whatever
'Til we can't be undone

Love is made up to be just what it's not
All chances are taken, like shots in the dark

One day you are certain your love is for real
To find out the next day how bad you can feel

I always dreamed love was a magical thing
Some wonderful gift that a lifetime would bring

To hold out your arms, put it all on the line
To go into love so foolish and blind

Believe it can take you were none has before
To wait for the knock and to open that door

But love has proved awful and selfish and rude
Sometimes down right frightening, hateful, and crude

I always thought love was unselfish and kind
But these weren't the traits I was able to find

I have dealt with the blows I have dealt with the loss
Just to find out love thinks It's the Boss

It takes all I have and leaves me with none
At time I sure wish that this challenge was done

And so to give praise to this Valentine's Day
Would be lying, untruthful, deceitful, and gay

To act like love happens and is there when I need
Would be stupid and false, quite untrue indeed

But if you want flowers and hearts to feel happy
I'm sure there are words I could write that are sappy

Like beautiful, friendly lover divine
I'm so glad you love me and that you are mine!

It makes me laugh now, but I really must have been upset! Anyway thought it would make a few of you laugh cause in all honesty this is how we all feel sometimes! Hope you like it and I want everyone to know that I love my husband SO much, and Jesse if you read this I hope you laugh too cause you know it's funny and you know that I love you more than anything!

3 comments:

Hailey Linger said...

I know I have definitely had those same moments. The poem was good and I enjoyed reading it. Maybe you could sell it and it could become the next hit song! Thanks for sharing it. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who gets that mad at my hubby sometimes too. Don't worry, we know you love Jesse! Don't forget, I sit behind you two in church. Love is defintlely there.

Ann said...

WOW! You're good! I didn't know you could write like that...Happy B-day to Cam! I'm so sad we don't get to celebrate with him! Give him big hugs from us please!

Unknown said...

Tiffany,

Love the poem and every word is absolutely the truth and you said it so well. You have a way of expression with words. Don't stop keep writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Mom